Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Technology is a wonderful thing!

Over the course of the first 24 hours I sent and received a lot of text messages. It was a way we could all communicate with each other fast and without a lot of unimportant conversation.  The text I got from Angela last night asking that I document Rick's progression for them from the start through each day is the reason I started this blog.  This way Rick's family has a way to go back and see how far he's come and can share it with all of you without having to take time away from him to call each and everyone of you.

I want to share some of the texts that went back and forth from the first 24 hours after the accident.  I also wanted to have them recorded before they were deleted off my phone, accidently of course:)

Nicole: Any more news? Wow terrible, I'm sorry. What about Brian? Make sure you keep me updated. It's so unreal. I feel terrible.

Mary: Another hour and things have not changed.

Mike: So is that good or bad?

Nicole: Real worried. Is that good or bad?

Angela: No more news. Grandma and Grandpa Barenz are here now. Tony and I just went in and the nurse told us he opened his eyes. He started moving alot and his heart rate went up when we walked in.

Mary: Another hour down. Yea.. Rick has a slight fever, but they put a fan on him. I am very certain he is happy about that. He is still responsive when the nurses  have to do stuff although he did not know what he was doing, he tried to get out of bed.
Trying to stay strong and positive. Nothing else is going to get the guy i love most thru this.

Mike: Any news?

Mary: Rick gave his nurse a thumbs up, squeezed my hand, had his eyes open and tried to say Mary. My heart is beating like crazy...love u mary.

Linda: The first time I cried.

Mary: One of my first too. Now i need to stay strong and be positive again.

Mike: Well is he's off all that stuf he must be fine right? Does everyone think this means he'll be Rick again?

Mary: he's been sleeping since the great escape.

Mike: You want a good sign? klh tonight is 100% Pink Floyd, He's gonna make it. No doubt in my mind. Its a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment