Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A letter from Mary

Hi Everyone:

As you can all tell by Linda's post on Monday, Rick is progressing slow but sure through this unwelcome journey we are on.  He is working really hard with his occupational, physical and speech therapists. He has a lot more to do, but I am so proud of him and haven't doubted for one second he will recover from this.  The more "baby steps" Rick has, the closer we all are to having "Rick" back.  I have a few things to share with all of you.

First:  Thank you all so much for your continued Love, Support, Thoughts and Prayers for Rick, myself and our kids and grandkids.

Second:  I would like to share a story with all of you that has touched my heart today.  For the past 34 days I have asked Rick what he has eaten for lunch.  For most of these days he has told me he couldn't remember, or he didn't eat lunch.   2 days ago he told me he ate "food" (progress in my eyes).  Today he told me exactly what he ate for lunch.  This may not sound like much, but to me it meant the world.  Happy tears streamed down my cheeks over a Ham sandwich, some baked chips, chocolate pudding and a skim milk.  I will never look at Ham the same again.

Third:  My favorite quote has always been:  Live, Laugh, Love.  In addition to that quote, I have added:  Believe, Hope, Faith.

These  2 quotes and all of you have given me the strength to get though the past 37 days and will continue to do so.  For that, I Thank All Of You Very Much..

Love,
 Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment